Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wholemeal toast, banana and cinnamon - Yummo!

This morning I made the yummiest breakfast!
I have the day off work today, and although that means no money, it means chilling until gym and shopping tonight. (Don't worry, not fun shopping, necessity shopping)
So, with spare time on my hands I managed to get myself a nice hearty breakfast.

Ingredients:
1 banana - can be very ripe. A good way to use it instead of throwing it out
2 slices of wholemeal bread
pinch of cinnamon and pinch of raw sugar

All I did was toast my bread, made it nice and warm. Then mushed up the banana and spread it onto one side of the toast. Like you would do with vegemite or jam or something. It's opptional how thick you want it, but I did mine no more than 5mm thick. Obviously didn't use the whole banana.
Then I just put it under the grill for a few minutes, just enough time to warm up the banana and it melted in a bit. Don't cook the banana.
And ta-da! Just sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and raw sugar over the banana on both slices.
And you've just made yourself the perfect filling breakfast for a rainy morning :)

And now, I'm off for a quick drive to the shops to buy a crusty roll for my lunch. I would walk, but it has been pouring like crazy all morning, and still is! So I'll just work even harder at Body Pump this afternoon :p

Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment